Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: United Racers Team @ VLMS

(Mitchell Smith) Mitchell Smith is offline Donator
    Member donated to URL
    Australia

Re: United Racers Team @ VLMS

Unfortunately yeah. We were trying, particularly Toni, to get something going with URL but obviously there was no interest from the administration to participate in VEC, which is where all of us wanted to drive.

Naturally, everyone who wanted to drive in VEC is driving there, but this doesn't affect any potential URT entry into the VLMS if someone wants to drive there.

Poles
    Wins

Yeah, it's my fault for blocking Toni's initiative some weeks ago to wait for more info on the championships. Sorry mat!.
    Fucking pissed about that now, though.

And with only 1 L1 or L2 driver allowed in a VLMS entry and only Simon showing intrest, that's not gonna work, unless someone wants to reconsider.
    Proud member of URL Motorsports

(Mitchell Smith) Mitchell Smith is offline Donator
    Member donated to URL
    Australia

Well my line of thinking (and indeed the rest of the team also) was that the races are only 4 hours long, and a GTE can do a bit over an hour on fuel and in most cases can push for two hours on tyres.

So it works out that for all of these races in a GTE you should only need three stops (on the first, second and third hours) to make it to the end. And on the second hour, in most cases you'd take tyres and a driver swap as well. This means two drivers is not only all you need to run VLMS, but also optimal (providing of course you can get two drivers that can commit to the entire season).

This is for VLMS, naturally. For VEC, Joona, Toni and I were discussing this yesterday and we'd like to think that we sort of represent URL anyway. We're proud of where we come from and we're still sporting unitedracersleague.com on the side of the cars. We just really wanted to drive. I'm still not sure what we're doing for VLMS but I know we want an entry as well, hopefully in both classes so for sure we can think about it. I think the only difference between us is we're open to drivers outside URL, :P. I do know that the two-driver team is optimal, potentially with a backup driver. I've just no idea who those drivers will be yet.
    Last edited by Mitchell Smith; August 6th, 2017 at 10:44 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitchell Smith For This Useful Post:

Skenys (August 7th, 2017)

Poles
    Wins

I know there were no bad intentions from anyone.
    Just gutted it was due to my own cautiousness that this side of URL is now gone, although indeed you guys are representing us in some way.

I do hope however, that this doesn't mean we"ll see you guys in the league here.
    Proud member of URL Motorsports

Poles
    Wins

My impression from SRC a few months ago was that new teams must enter VLMS first hence the general underlying idea of going for that. But clearly they have changed their mind and it seems this driver limitation is new as well. I guess waiting for information from them first was a bad idea as it seems as though people were making decisions literally since the minute the last season finished, heh.

If you still want to enter under URT as a 'true official' team or whatever that's cool with me and i'll cancel the deletion of the Facebook page etc, but equally if not, also fine. Otherwise, URT retires with a pretty decent (albeit small) record i'd say!

Generally though pretty disappointed with SRC's direction personally, an uninspired and largely irrelevant schedule combined with inexplicably steep increases in fees - with little substance behind them when you factor in the cost of the mod and lack of development - is really quite a piss take all in all.

Alex Scott - #12 BMW M6 GT3

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scotty For This Useful Post:

Skenys (August 7th, 2017), thekan76 (August 8th, 2017), UkicT8 (August 7th, 2017)

Thread Information